VACCINATION/NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST REQUIRED
- We require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a dated negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the last 72 hours prior to entrance or event for anyone entering Orchestra Hall, including children. Adults must also present a photo ID. (“Full vaccination” means your visit to Orchestra Hall is at least two weeks after your final dose of a vaccine. Negative LFTs and antibody/serology tests will not be accepted.)
- Be mindful of testing site hours and test result turnaround. If you are unable to complete testing or don't get your results back in time, we will issue a refund.
- Accepted forms of proof include: 1) display proof on a smartphone with accompanying photo ID or 2) present a physical copy with an accompanying photo ID.
- Despite the implementation of our safety protocols, and inherent risk of exposure to infectious disease still exists. By attending a concert or event at Orchestra Hall, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of infectious disease.
- Read more information regarding our health and safety protocols.
VENUE, ARTISTS, DATES, PROGRAMS, AND PRICING
- All artists, programs, dates, times and prices are subject to change.
- All performances are held at Orchestra Hall unless otherwise noted.
- The Minnesota Orchestra does not appear on select performances as noted in the event description.
- Tickets may be exchanged up to one hour prior to the performance start time.
- Changing dates, performances or seat locations may impact ticket price.
- Tickets may not be exchanged between seasons. Unused ticket credit expires in August.
- Subscribers and Easy Pass holders pay no additional exchange fees with the exception of a $5 fee applied to exchanges beginning seven days prior to the event.
- Subscription tickets purchased with a special offer may be exchanged; however, the discount offer does not carry over to new concert tickets.
- Tickets not purchased as part of a subscription package are subject to a per-ticket exchange fee.
- Tickets may be turned back up to concert start time for a tax-deductible contribution. Contribution amount does not include $6 per-ticket facility fees.
- Special events cannot be exchanged into. Rental events and complimentary tickets are restricted from exchanges.
- Listed ticket prices always include a non-discountable per-ticket facility fee ($2–$6 per ticket).
- Subscription and Easy Pass purchases are subject to a one-time $8 processing fee.
- Subscription tickets will be sent via e-mail at no additional charge. A $5 fee applies to all subscription tickets distributed via postal mail or will call.
- The Minnesota Orchestra strives to make its performances and venue accessible to all patrons. When ordering tickets, please let us know if you have special needs or require accessible seating. More information on accessibility.
- All concerts are open to children ages six and older when accompanied by an adult.
- We encourage children of all ages to join us for designated youth programs. All children, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the performance venue. Child ticket prices, if available, may vary by concert and price section.
- Students (ages 18+) must show a valid student ID at the Box Office to pick up student tickets.
- Young Listener Classical subscription packages are available in all price sections for $12 per concert with the purchase of an adult package.
- Individual Young Listener tickets (age 6-17) are available to subscribers for select concerts and price sections for as low as $12 each.
SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT PLANS
- Payment installments are available for most subscription purchases. Payment installments are charged on the first business day of the month that the payment is due.
- In the event of a defaulted payment, we will continue to attempt to charge the provided credit card and to contact the account holder for alternate payment. If payment is not provided, we reserve the right to cancel any upcoming unpaid tickets.
- All sales are final. Special prices are not valid on previously purchased tickets or series packages. Tickets are revocable licenses.
- We offer a money-back guarantee to all subscribers. If you are not 100% satisfied after attending your first concert, please return your ticket package along with a written explanation of your dissatisfaction. We will contact you personally to discuss your concerns and arrange for a refund.
CREATE YOUR OWN PACKAGES
- Prices and seating location will vary by concert and are subject to availability.
- Adult prices shown reflect applicable 15% discount in select price sections. Premium section is restricted from discounts. 5% discount is available in price section 1.
- Select concerts may be restricted from discounts but are still available in a Create Your Own package.
EASY PASS PACKAGES
- New performances added to the season schedule may become eligible for Easy Pass redemption. Some restrictions will apply. Easy Passes are not valid on rental events.
- All seating is subject to availability according to the type of pass purchased and may vary by performance.
- All unused Easy Passes expire one year from the date of purchase.
- Easy Pass holders pay no additional exchange fees with the exception of a $5 fee applied to exchanges beginning seven days prior to the event. All Easy Pass ticket exchanges are subject to the original Easy Pass purchase guidelines.
- Ticket valid in price sections 3-5 for Classical concerts and are based on availability.
- Visit your online account or stop by the Box Office the day of show for available free seat upgrades.
- Limit one ticket per concert date per single membership; two tickets per concert date per dual membership.
- Purchase additional tickets with a 15% discount.
- Three-month minimum commitment required.
- Credit card with automatically be charged monthly on the first business day of the month until cancellation is requested.
- To attend concerts, membership must be active. If membership is cancelled, future tickets will be cancelled or offered for purchase at the full adult price.