Thanks to generous funding from Minnesota Orchestra musicians, we are excited to welcome students 18 and under to classical concerts free of charge!
“By underwriting ‘Hall Pass - 18 & Under Attend Free!’, the musicians invite kids and their families to share in the joy of inspiring live performances of great orchestral music at Orchestra Hall. Investing in kids' concert-going experiences today is an ideal way for us as performers to say ‘thank you’ to our wonderful community.” — Acting Associate Principal Bass Kathryn Nettleman
Free Ages 16-18 Tickets
- Students can reserve tickets for Minnesota Orchestra 2019-20 Classical Season concert (also includes: Chamber, Sam and Sarah, Symphony in 60, Sensory-Friendly and Relaxed Family performances) for FREE. Seating subject to availability.
- Order online using the “Hall Pass: Ages 16-18” price type or call our Ticket Office to reserve your free tickets.
- Present your valid student ID at will call to pick up your tickets at the concert.
Free Ages 6-15 Tickets (Supervised)
- Children can reserve tickets for Minnesota Orchestra 2019-20 Classical Season concert (also includes: Chamber, Sam and Sarah, Symphony in 60, Sensory-Friendly and Relaxed Family performances) for FREE. Seating subject to availability.
- Reserve up to 4 free child tickets per each paid adult ticket.
- Order online using the “Hall Pass: Ages 6-15” price type or call our Ticket Office to reserve your free tickets.
Hall Pass Tickets FAQs
Which seats and concerts are eligible for free Hall Pass tickets?
Free tickets are available for classical concerts as well as Chamber, Sam and Sarah, Symphony in 60, Sensory-Friendly and Relaxed Family performances. Seating is subject to availability. The only concerts not eligible for free student tickets are: Yoga & Meditation offerings, Young People’s Daytime educational offerings and Live at Orchestra Hall concerts.
Who is eligible for the Hall Pass – Ages 16-18 free ticket offer?
Any current student between the ages of 16-18 with a valid student ID.
Who counts as a “child”?
Anyone between the ages of 6 and 15. Ages 15 and under for Sensory-Friendly or Relaxed Family Concerts at Orchestra Hall.
How do I order free tickets for individual concerts?
Simply use the “Hall Pass” price type when ordering online to reserve your free child tickets. Or call our Ticket Office at 612-371-5656 to order tickets and mention that you would like to add free child tickets to your order.
Is there a limit to the number of student tickets I can get?
Students between the ages of 16-18 are encouraged to attend as many concerts as they would like for free throughout the entire season. You may reserve up to four free tickets at a time, but each attendee must present a valid student ID to pick up their free tickets at will call.
Is there a limit to the number of child tickets I can get?
Ticket holders can reserve up to 4 free children’s tickets per each paid adult ticket.
I am a subscriber, can I order free tickets to bring a child?
If you are a current season ticket holder or placing a new subscription order for the 2019-20 Season, please call us to add free child tickets to your series. Please note that your seats may need to change in order to accommodate your added child subscription.
Can I reserve free child tickets for a school or community group?
Yes, if attendees are within the age requirements and appropriate chaperones accompany the children. For more information on seat availability and reservations, please contact Group Sales at 612-371-5662. Please note: Young People’s Daytime educational offerings are not included in this offer.
Can children attend a concert on their own for free?
Free Hall Pass children’s tickets (up to age 15) are only available with the purchase of at least one adult ticket.
What if my child is under the age of 6?
Children under the age of 6 are welcome to our Sensory-Friendly Concerts and Relaxed Family Concerts at Orchestra Hall. The rest of the Hall Pass-eligible concerts are recommended for children 6 years of age or older.