Music for a Better WorldGrades 1-6
Tue Feb 27 — Thu Feb 29, 2024
Have you ever heard a song that inspired you? From protest songs by artists like Billie Holiday and Bob Dylan to Adolphus Hailstork’s moving orchestral work Epitaph for a Man Who Dreamed, music – even with no words – has the power to move us and make a powerful statement. The Minnesota Orchestra is incredibly excited to partner with South African music ensemble, 29:11 International Exchange on this project. Featuring Haitian Essay for Orchestra by Daniel Bernard, and the dynamic fourth and final movement of Dmitri Shostakovich’s rebellious fifth symphony, this program is sure to prove that musicians can be the world’s greatest change-makers.
A Few Things to Know
- Prepare for the concert with a curriculum available for download approximately six weeks before your trip to Orchestra Hall.
- Tickets can be reserved in advance with no payment due until Fall 2023.
Date & Time
- ASL Interpretation
- Armless & Bariatric Chairs
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Large-Print Programs
- Open Captioning
- Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- Service Animals
- Wheelchair & Accessible Seating
Additional services are available upon request.
Mary Ann Feldman Music Education Fund
Angela S. Pennington and W. Anders Folk Student Ticket Fund