The Minnesota Orchestra’s Rosemary and David Good Fellowship is a two-year program intended to enhance opportunities for African American, Latin American and Native American professional orchestral musicians early in their careers and to encourage greater diversity in the orchestral field.
Application deadline: January 28, 2019.
Employment will begin September 2019.
Auditions will be held for: violin, viola, cello, bassoon, contrabassoon, trumpet, horn, trombone, bass trombone and percussion.
Live auditions and interviews will be held March 11, 2019 at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis.
Domestic travel (or equivalent) and lodging provided for invited finalists.
Candidates must be able to work indefinitely in the United States without sponsorship.
Download application now
Application form Download application form
Professional quality performance recording Download repertoire requirements
Annual salary guarantee -- $40,000 with benefits
Salary includes playing in the orchestra for 54 services/season. Paid at regular sub rate for any additional services beyond the 54.
- Attend orchestra rehearsals, sitting both on stage and in the house.
- Performance opportunities in the orchestra as determined by principal, increasing over time.
- Regular lessons with Minnesota Orchestra musicians.
- Official musician mentor from another section in the orchestra.
- Mock auditions, both informal and formal.
- Stipend to take outside auditions.
- Education and outreach work including presentations, school visits, work with community partners, Young People’s concerts.
- Member of Diversity and Inclusion Committee which consists of Minnesota Orchestra board members, musicians and staff.
- Join Development meetings with funders as appropriate.
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that reflects the diversity of Minnesota. We encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.