Easy! Simply fill out the event inquiry form to provide us with more information about your event. You can also email us at email@example.com or call 612-371-5693. Once we have a better idea of what you’re looking for, we can explore details with you such as availability and pricing.
Please note: Events are always planned around the Minnesota Orchestra schedule. Send us your preferred date(s) and we will notify you if they’re available.
Once the date is confirmed, we will send you a contract and require a 50 percent deposit to hold the date(s) you request. We’ll issue an invoice after your event. Once you receive that invoice, the remainder of your balance will be due within 30 days.
- Basic cleaning (floor cleaning, dusting, windows, trash/recycling service)
- Standard WiFi internet throughout the facility (38 Mbps up/down)
- One event manager/staff person
- Basic furniture (tables, chairs)
- Digital signage
Each event is unique and will require different staffing components. Once we know the size and scope of your event, our event staff can give you more detail regarding required and optional staffing as well as any associated costs.
At a minimum, your event will include:
- An event manager
- Security (number of personnel varies with guest count)
- Ushers, stage crew and stage door receptionist (if applicable)
Additional staffing may include:
- Production assistant
- Additional stage crew for specific skills/tasks
- Coat check attendants
- Barbacks/concessions supervisor
- Valet parking attendants
Orchestra Hall offers a variety of spaces for meetings and events, so it’s possible there may be another activity taking place in the building at the same time as yours. Additionally, there may be internal Minnesota Orchestra meetings or events taking place during your event.
But no need to worry! When scheduling events, we’ll work to understand your programming, timeline, guest flow and space needs so we can prevent any disruptions or conflicts.
Audio & Visual
Orchestra Hall is a full-service performance and event venue. We have many possibilities for audio/visual enhancements for your event. We also work with local production vendors to fulfill any unique requests.
Standard capabilities include:
- Wireless internet
- Microphones and audio systems
- TVs, projectors/screens, conference phone
Sure! It is possible to bring some of your own equipment, but it will depend on the scope of your event and the staff needed to operate that equipment.
All labor must be provided by Orchestra Hall staff and I.A.T.S.E. Local 13.
Food & Beverage
We work closely with two trusted local caterers to provide food service for your event. You can reach out to them directly to start planning your menu and event details. There is a 12 percent venue fee that each of these caterers will charge on top of any other service fees and gratuities.
There are three options for beverage service during your event:
- Cash Bar – Your guests will purchase their own beverages
- Hosted Bar Package – For a flat per person fee (plus 20 percent gratuity) you can select one of our hosted bar packages (non-alcoholic; wine and beer; house liquor; premium liquor). The final fee is based on a guaranteed guest count which is due five business days before your event. The bar package does not include coffee service, wine pours or a Champagne toast.
- Hosted Consumption Option – You pay for all or a portion of certain guest drinks (i.e. only wine and beer). You also have the option to offer hosted drink tickets to help you control your budget. You will be billed on actual beverage consumption plus 20 percent gratuity.
There is a charge of $100 per bartender. However, once you reach a minimum of $500 in sales per bartender, this fee is waived.
Our Orchestra Hall liquor license does not allow event clients to bring in any alcohol. However, we work with several distributors and local breweries in an effort to provide specific products you may want for your event.
Access our current beverage menu and let your event staff representative know if you have special requests. Inventory and products are subject to change.
Orchestra Hall provides plasticware for beverages. However, you are welcome to work with your caterer or another vendor to have glassware brought in.
A final guest or attendee count is due no later than seven business days prior to the event. After that date, there is no guarantee product will be available and additional fees may be incurred to secure products/services.
Absolutely! Our staff is happy to help craft a special experience for you and your guests or attendees, including special beverages not normally on our menu. Special orders will be subject to a $100 special order administrative fee in addition to the actual cost determined at the time of the order based on price, availability and quantity ordered.
Please note: You will be responsible for pre-paying for the entire special order, regardless of the amount consumed. Any product not consumed will become the property of Orchestra Hall and may not be transferred for any reason.
Our wedding package pricing varies depending on the time of year and day of the week. Reach out to our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Take a look at our Weddings section for details on what is included in our standard wedding package.
The Orchestra Hall wedding package is designed to be mostly all-inclusive, helping you stay within your budget without worrying about large additional (and unexpected) costs. With that said, there are a few unique elements not included in the package price:
- Beverage service and gratuity
- Stage platforms for a band or DJ
- Additional audio technician/stage crew for a band
- Additional access time beyond 12 hours
We can accommodate up to 225 people in the Target Atrium for a ceremony and up to 300 people in the Grand Foyer for dinner. We also have the ability to do overflow seating in adjacent spaces.
Events are always planned around the Minnesota Orchestra schedule. Send us your preferred date(s) and we will notify you if they’re available.
All spaces, except the N. Bud Grossman Mezzanine, have a wood or granite floor, so renting a dance floor is not necessary.
We recommend you check with your caterer about their cake options. If you don’t see something you like there, you’re permitted to order your own cake from any licensed bakery.