About This Concert:
Transforming classic Broadway songs into a performance entirely her own, six-time Tony Award winner Audra McDonald returns, bringing her power, artistry and passion to the Orchestra Hall stage.
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Audra McDonald, soprano
- Andy Einhorn, conductor
- Audra McDonald’s two concerts at Orchestra Hall have both sold out, including Minnesota Orchestra’s 2015-16 season opening. The Star Tribune raved: “Versatile Audra McDonald’s Star Power lights up Orchestra Hall.”
- She studied classical voice at Juilliard and has graced stages such as Carnegie Hall, Royal Albert Hall, and the Berlin Philharmonic.
- McDonald has won six Tony Awards so far, and is the only person to date to have won in all four acting categories.
- She first performed the role of Billie Holiday on Broadway in 2014 and later won her sixth Tony Award for her astounding portrayal which Broadway World called”… a tour de force.”
- She is a passionate advocate for equal rights, LGBTQ causes and underprivileged youth. Audra is Mom to two girls—Zoe and Sally—and two shelter dogs—Butler and Georgia.