The Minnesota Orchestra is pleased to offer $12 tickets (no fees!) for students with a valid school ID.
How to get your rush tickets online:
Simply choose a concert listed below and select a seat with the "Student Rush" price type to have the discount automatically applied to your order. Tickets will be held at the Box Office and require one valid student ID per two tickets purchased.
How to get your rush tickets in-person:
Tickets are available starting one hour prior to the concert. Call Ticket Services (612-371-5656) the day of the concert to inquire if rush tickets will be offered. Limit four tickets per valid student ID.
About This Concert:
A concert that changes lives and may change the course of music, as seven emerging composers share their most exciting new works with you.
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Osmo Vänskä, conductor
- Fred Child, host
Likely Pictures in Haphazard Sky
PETER S. SHIN
NINA C. YOUNG
- Haydn once said of the young Beethoven, “Keep your eye on him, as he’ll make a noise in the world someday.” The same could be said of the promising young composers on this concert.
- This remarkable future-forward concert—the nation’s most comprehensive and highest-profile platform for emerging orchestral composers—is part of the Minnesota Orchestra Composer Institute, which celebrates its 15th birthday.
- Vote for your favorite music of the concert on Twitter. The winner will receive an ultra-rare second performance the following night on the Orchestra’s November 11 live concert broadcast celebrating Minnesota Public Radio’s 50th anniversary!
- Pulitzer Prize-winner Kevin Puts is the ideal director for the Composer Institute and Future Classics concert—having already mentored dozens of promising young composers.
- Minnesota Public Radio’s Fred Child will host the concert onstage, interviewing each composer briefly before the downbeat of his or her piece.
- Casual Concerts include: $5 pre-concert happy hour, local craft brew, and a Q & A with composers after the performance.
Note: All seating subject to availability and may vary by performance. Available while supplies last and may not be combined with any other offer. Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Top-priced seating sections not eligible.