About This Concert:
The magic of the season comes to life in this heartwarming show of songs and stories featuring a new work by Minneapolis’ own storyteller laureate Kevin Kling and director/co-writer Peter Rothstein.
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Sarah Hicks, conductor
- Conceived and directed by Peter Rothstein
- Written by Kevin Kling, narrator
- Christina Baldwin, ensemble
- Dieter Bierbrauer, ensemble
- Thomasina Petrus, ensemble
- Alejandro Vega, ensemble
- Robert Elhai, composer and arranger
- Peter Ostroushko, composer and mandolin
Read program notes » (pdf)
- You don’t have to wait until Christmas morning to be surprised, this concert line-up will include a roster of talented Twin Cities favorites—to be announced!
- Kevin Kling is nationally known for his commentary on NPR’s All Things Considered. He grew up in Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove, Minnesota, and graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College. Astrologically speaking, Kling refers to his zodiac sign as “Minnesota with Iowa rising.”
- Peter Rothstein is the Artistic Director of Theatre Latte Da and has directed plays, operas and musical theater for the Guthrie, the Children’s Theatre Company, the Minnesota Opera and Seattle’s 5th Avenue Theatre.
- Principal conductor of Live at Orchestra Hall, Sarah Hicks has been involved in the creation of many original Minnesota Orchestra productions including A Scandinavian Christmas, A Musical Feast, That’s Amore and Springtime in Paris.
Please note: This performance is 75 minutes long with no intermission.
Location Orchestra Hall
1111 Nicollet Mall