About This Concert:
From Latin grooves to swingin’ sounds and floating waltzes, this program is sure to make you feel the rhythm!
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Akiko Fujimoto, conductor
Brasil / 3 min
Mestizo Waltz from Three Latin American Dances / 3 min
Waltz of the Flowers, from The Nutcracker / 7 min
The Floreadores, from The Swingin’ Nutcracker / 5 min
Afro-American Symphony mvt. III “Animato” / 4 min
Dance Intermezzo No. 2
Hoedown, from Rodeo / 3 min
Simple Gifts, from Appalachian Spring / 2 min
Conga del Fuego Nuevo / 5 min
- Join us for an inclusive concert experience sure to delight audiences of all ages and abilities! All seats $12. One-hour concert in a relaxed environment. No intermission.
- The traditional Shaker hymn Simple Gifts was made famous after its use in Aaron Copland's popular ballet Appalachian Spring. Weezer, REM, Judy Collins and Jewel have recorded versions of it, and John Williams’ Air and Simple Gifts arrangement was performed at Barack Obama’s inauguration ceremony on January 20, 2009.
- Participate in lobby activities (11:45am-12:45pm and 2pm-2:45pm), including opportunities to try orchestral instruments, engage in creative movement, participate in art-making, learn more about the program and meet Minnesota Orchestra musicians.
- The Minnesota Orchestra may photograph or film portions of this experience for promotional and archival purposes. Please note that by entering, you consent to be photographed or filmed for these uses.
Sensory-Friendly Family Concerts:
- The Minnesota Orchestra’s Sensory-Friendly Concerts are inclusive experiences for audiences of all ages and abilities, including individuals on the autism spectrum and those with sensory sensitivities.
- All families are welcome! These concerts take place in a relaxed environment where audience members are welcome to be who they are and enjoy music together with family and friends.
- Learn more about the concert experience with our tip sheet and other preparatory materials!