About This Concert:
Join us for our first full orchestra symphonic sensory-friendly concert, an engaging and interactive experience for all ages conducted by Akiko Fujimoto and featuring guest cellist Nygel Witherspoon.
Fanfare for the Common Man
Harry's Wondrous World, from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone™
Overture to West Side Story
Finale from The Firebird
- The Minnesota Orchestra’s Sensory-Friendly Concerts are inclusive experiences for patrons of all ages and abilities, including individuals on the autism spectrum and those with sensory sensitivities.
- Concerts take place in a relaxed environment where audience members are welcome to be who they are and enjoy music with family and friends.
- 16-year-old cellist Nygel Witherspoon makes a guest appearance playing Fauré’s Elégie
- From Copland’s Fanfare for the Common Man to Stravinsky’s Firebird, Courage and Triumph is a concert you won’t want to miss.
- Come early for pre-concert activities curated by community partners including the Interact Center for the Visual and Performing Arts and Toneworks Music Therapy.
- Read our tip sheet for information about the concert experience. (Spanish version: Concierto Agradable a los Sentidos Hoja de Consejo / Somali version: Bogga talooyinka bandhiga Dareemada dhawaaqa loo dulqaadan karo)
- The Minnesota Orchestra may photograph or film portions of this experience for promotional and archival purposes. Please note that by entering, you consent to be photographed or filmed for these uses.
We designed this concert experience with support from our Accessibility Team and are extremely grateful for the expertise of each member and the contributions they made to develop this concert.
Bring a book to donate at your Sommerfest concert and help us send 22,000 books to Africa! Book donation guidelines and information »