The Minnesota Orchestra is one of the largest performing arts organizations in the state and one of America’s top symphonic ensembles. Now in its second century, the orchestra continues a tradition of world-renowned artistic excellence, adventurous programming, and a visionary commitment to building the orchestra of tomorrow, under the musical direction of Osmo Vanska.
The Staff Accountant will provide financial support for the orchestra and administrative staff by performing accounting functions in an accurate and timely manner. The Staff Accountant will primarily assist with cash receipts, accounts receivable, sales tax reporting, as well as various other accounting duties, such as assisting with the monthly financial close and the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
Primary Job Functions:
- Prepare general ledger journal entries and maintain registers, journals, and logs.
- Assist with the monthly financial close by completing tasks timely per the monthly closing schedule.
- Record cash receipts transactions and related reconciliations.
- Review and reconcile accounts receivable balances.
- Manage the petty cash inventory, tracking, and reconciliations.
- Assist with the annual external audit as needed.
- Ensure the compliance with the organization’s established policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience required, not-for-profit experience preferred but not required.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Dynamics SL accounting system software is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements. All three items must be received in order for your application to be considered.
Minnesota Orchestral Association
1111 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
No Phone Calls Please
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.