MANAGER OF BUSINESS ANALYTICS
The Minnesota Orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in the state and one of America’s top symphonic ensembles. Now in its second century, the Orchestra continues a tradition of world-renowned artistic excellence, adventurous programming, and a visionary commitment to building the orchestra of tomorrow, under the musical direction of Osmo Vänskä.
- Direct efforts to provide data analysis that captures trends that inform business decisions.
- Provide leadership to the internal CRM team, a cross-departmental group which implements organizational outcomes that intentionally deepen engagement and access.
- Develop guidelines for data conventions and procedures; manage protocols for patron and donor data tracking systems, in conjunction with members of management team, and key users of system.
- Provide ongoing daily database management and monitoring to ensure data integrity.
- Establish, document and implement policies and procedures relative to the database and its use and the secure handling of data.
Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee data capture practices and generate reports and analysis for audience services, marketing, fundraising, and education programs.
- Serve as expert on data extraction; perform complex extracts and mentor staff on data extraction and reporting processes.
- Develop and create customized reports and analyses of patron & donor demographics, attitudinal and behavioral trends using Tessitura and T-Stats.
- Provide leadership to the internal Tessitura User Group; manage and coordinate all matters related to Tessitura internally and with external users in Tessitura Network;
- Function as the Tessitura expert for all users within the Orchestra;
- Understand business processes in order to support and implement effective use of Tessitura, T-Stats, and Tessitura Analytics Dashboards.
- Serve as liaison for data transfers between the Orchestra and third party vendors. Supports Tessitura connection with third party applications such as: Web API, Prospect2, MadeMedia, RNL Outbound Calling and BlocksOffice.
- Responsible for leadership and coordination around the expansion of Tessitura utilization; organizing meetings with key stakeholders to identify short and long-term business needs; develop implementation plan and training.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines with appropriate judgment about priority and timing.
- Ability to synthesize information quickly and make appropriate decisions.
- Skilled at building and leading a cross-departmental team of colleagues of various levels of experience in order to collaboratively achieve effective results.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), including the ability to explain technical details and processes in non-technical terms.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate to and provide guidance for a wide range of people including from different cultural backgrounds, age ranges, and attitudes and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 5-7 years of work experience with CRM applications and /or ticketing / donor database reporting systems; proficiency with Tessitura strongly preferred;
- Proven project management experience with ability to navigate a complex environment, ambiguity and conflicting priorities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SQL Server Reporting services;
- Experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures is preferred;
- Proven track record in training and managing others to adopt applications or data systems, and in using data systems to inform business strategy;
- Experience in arts, cultural or entertainment organizations, and / or non-profit organizations strongly preferred.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to use computer hardware, including keyboard and mouse.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Minnesota Orchestral Association
1111 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis , MN 55403
No Phone Calls Please
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.