Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and Vice President of Advancement
The Minnesota Orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in the state and one of America’s top symphonic ensembles. Now in its second century, the Orchestra continues a tradition of world-renowned artistic excellence, adventurous programming, and a visionary commitment to building the orchestra of tomorrow, under the musical direction of Osmo Vanska.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the President and CEO and the Vice President of Advancement to provide a full range of administrative support to assure optimal functioning of both offices.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides administrative support to the President and CEO and to the Vice President of Advancement, including:
- Represent the offices of President and CEO, and / or the Vice President of Advancement with warm and gracious hospitality and appropriate levels of responsiveness and detail.
- Prepare correspondence including emails, memos, letters, and other documents.
- Proactively coordinate with colleagues and prepare materials for meetings, allowing for timely review and preparation for the President and CEO and / or for the Vice President of Advancement.
- Coordinate all aspects of the calendar and schedule.
- Coordinate and plan all aspects of travel (local and outside the Twin Cities).
- Maintain files (electronic and paper) to assure information is readily accessible.
- Answer phones, takes messages, direct callers and answer questions.
- Screen incoming email and correspondence, as directed by the President and CEO and / or the Vice President of Advancement
- Complete special projects as directed, and within timeframe specified.
- Track receipts and reconcile monthly expense reports.
- Prepare draft annual budgets for the offices of the President and Vice President of Advancement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse personalities and high-level professionals.
- Ability to act proactively and anticipate potential needs and problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and work as a team player.
- Ability to improvise and respond to unusual circumstances and requests with an attitude of service and flexibility.
- High integrity level and ability to work responsibly with confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate and timely work product.
- Ability to implement projects from conception to completion with minimal supervision.
- Highest level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in classical music.
- Proficiency with Tessitura preferred.
Physical / Cognitive Requirements:
- Must be able to read and write English with proficiency
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to occasionally lift items up to 15 pounds
- Must have ability to use a keyboard and a telephone
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Minnesota Orchestral Association
1111 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis , MN 55403
No Phone Calls Please
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, gender religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.