The Minnesota Orchestra is pleased to offer online and in-person rush tickets.
How to get your rush tickets online ($25):
Simply choose a concert listed below, enter the promo code 1718PUBLICRUSH, select seats and have the discount automatically applied to your order. Choose your seat using the Public Rush price type. Tickets will be held at the Box Office.
How to get your rush tickets in-person ($35 top-priced sections, $25 all other locations):
Tickets are available starting one hour prior to the concert. Call Ticket Services (612-371-5656) the day of the concert to inquire if rush tickets will be offered. Limit four tickets.
About This Concert:
The spirit of Paris runs like the Seine through this program with two 18th-century symphonies dedicated to the City of Light and a hauntingly beautiful 19th-century religious work by one of Paris’ most treasured composers, Fauré.
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Bernard Labadie, conductor
- Hélène Guilmette, soprano
- Philippe Sly, bass-baritone
- Minnesota Chorale
Symphony No. 4
Symphony No. 31, Paris
- Both Mozart and Rigel were born in German-speaking countries and came as young men to Paris hoping for fame; Rigel found it, but Mozart didn’t and returned home to Austria.
- Mozart’s Symphony No. 31 was premiered in Paris by a larger orchestra than the composer had ever heard, prompting his father to quip that the French must like noisy symphonies.
- Fauré’s Requiem is filled with a quiet beauty, “dominated from beginning to end,” said the composer, “by a very human feeling of faith in eternal rest.”
Note: All seating subject to availability and may vary by performance. Normal service charges apply. Available while supplies last and may not be combined with any other offer. Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Top price seating sections not available.