ORCHESTRA HALL CLEANERS – PART TIME (20-30 HOURS PER WEEK)
The Minnesota Orchestra is one of America’s finest and longest-established orchestras, now led by its 10th Music Director, Osmo Vänskä. This position is a part time cleaning position inside Orchestra Hall, working with the Facilities staff to maintain a clean, welcoming venue for Orchestra patrons and visitors to the facility.
- Clean and supply designated areas within Orchestra Hall (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning, etc)
- Empty trash receptacles
- Notify management of need for repairs in the building
- Stock and maintain cleaning supplies
- Monitor building security and safety by checking that doors are locked after hours
- Using cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces
Work shifts vary and may consist of a combination of the following:
- Friday and Saturday night shifts from approximately 10:00 pm to 3:00 am;
- Sunday evening shifts from approximately 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm;
- Occasional daytime shifts as needed.
- Detail oriented – attention to detail while performing all job duties
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
- Self starter - able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and occasionally lift items weighing up to 40 lbs.
This job is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and successful applicants will be required to join the Service Employees Union as a condition of employment.
Please send resume or completed application to:
Minnesota Orchestral Association
1111 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
No Phone Calls Please
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.