Tech Support Specialist – Part Time
The Minnesota Orchestra is one of the largest performing arts organization in the state and one of America’s top symphonic ensembles. Now in its second century, the Orchestra continues a tradition of world-renowned artistic excellence, adventurous programming, and a visionary commitment to building the orchestra of tomorrow, under the musical direction of Osmo Vanska.
This position provides support services to users of technical systems and equipment, including telephones, printers, mobile and tablet devices and workstations. This position provides technical support services to event staff at Orchestra Hall before and during concerts and other events, and to administrative staff during business hours.
Primary Job Functions:
- Provide general technical assistance to front-of-house event staff at concerts and other public events. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to:
- Box office and point of sale computers and printers
- Ticket scanners
- Digital signage
- Wireless networks
- Two-way radios
- Deploy and maintain Windows workstations, including software and hardware setup, configuration, and troubleshooting;
- Assist users with Microsoft Office applications and other enterprise software;
- Troubleshoot issues with multi-function (scan/copy/print) devices, printers and phones
- Confirm proper functioning and availability of technical equipment and report on
- malfunctioning equipment; escalate higher level issues as needed to ensure prompt resolution of more complex situations;
- Maintain and update documentation on proper procedures for use and maintenance of technical equipment;
- Other technical tasks and duties as assigned.
- General hardware and software troubleshooting experience with Windows workstations and/or iOS or Android devices;
- Experience with helpdesk software or workflow processes;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- Two years or more of post-high school education.
- Part-time (10-20 hours per week). Shifts vary and typically consist of the following:
- weekday mornings or afternoons, evening and weekend performances, and rental events and receptions (weekday, weekend and/or evening)
Physical & Cognitive Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to read and write proficiently in English;
- This position may require lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 50 pounds.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Minnesota Orchestral Association
1111 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis , MN 55403
No Phone Calls Please
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.