MERCHANDISE SUPERVISOR – PART TIME (20-30 HOURS PER WEEK)
This position promotes the Minnesota Orchestra by upholding the Audience Services Department standards of service— advocacy, efficiency and courtesy; by keeping up-to-date on Orchestra Hall products, services, policies and procedures; by demonstrating proficiency on point-of-sale system; by assuming fiscal responsibility for daily transactions; by assisting with the training, mentoring, and supervision the Merchandise and Concessions staff; and by assisting the Audience Services Management Team with department related projects.
- Coordinate with Manager of Concert Enhancement/Bar Manager and other Audience Services staff to ensure smooth Merchandise and Concessions operations night of show / event along with any pre-event set-up needs.
- Complete staff position sheet; Check in merchandise / bartender/concession staff.
- Monitor all stations and assist to replenish products.
- At close of sales, enter all tips, voids and run closing register reports.
- Assist with Event Manager with any closing duties.
- Ensure merchandise, bars and liquor room is restocked.
- Assist sales positions when needed.
- Attend pre-event meeting, assist with set up and cleaning before and after each concert or event.
- Adhere to city, state and federal regulations regarding checking proper identification for proof of age in purchasing or consuming alcoholic beverages, and providing tip declarations as required by federal guidelines.
- Assume fiscal responsibility for daily sales transactions.
- Assist with department related projects.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of staff.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service techniques and precise knowledge of products.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in written form.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience in mastery of organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively to colleagues and patrons.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification preferred.
- Stand and walk with limited breaks for entire shift (up to 8 hours)
- Climb stairs, bend and stoop for extended periods of shift
- Lift up to 30 pounds for portions of shift and able to push carts (liquor boxes, portable bars, etc.)
Minnesota Orchestral Association
1111 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
No Phone Calls Please
The Minnesota Orchestra is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The Minnesota Orchestra embraces its commitment to equal opportunity for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, marital or veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.