Cancelled Concerts Information
IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE UPDATE! LAST UPDATED May 8, 2013 10:20AM
PERFORMANCES CANCELLED, RESCHEDULED, OR NEW PRESENTER/VENUE
It is with great regret that we cancel the final concerts of our subscription season, but with no negotiations currently underway, it is clear that we will not be able to offer these programs. The following concerts have been cancelled*:
- Varga and Mozart MAY 16 | MAY 17 | MAY 18
- Dvořák’s New World Symphony MAY 30 | MAY 31 | JUN 1 | JUN 2
- Inside the Classics JUL 25
*Note: These concerts are in addition to prior cancelled concert dates 10/18/2012-5/12/2013.
In an effort to re-start the stalled contract talks, the Minnesota Orchestra Board Negotiating Committee has offered dates to the Musicians' Union to return to the bargaining table this month, so that we have the option to present concerts this summer. We are not willing to give up on our entire season, so we've created a summer line-up that draws highlights from the 12-13 classical season.
These summer concerts will be performed at the University of Minnesota's Ted Mann Concert Hall, conducted by Music Director Osmo Vänskä and Sommerfest Artistic Director Andrew Litton. Concerts, all drawn from the previous classical season, are as follows:
- Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 3 JUL 20 8PM | JUL 21 2PM
- Dvořák’s New World Symphony JUL 26 8PM | JUL 27 8PM
- Prokofiev and Stravinsky AUG 2 8PM | AUG 3 8PM
Ticket holders may now exchange into these concerts. All seats are $45, general admission. Orders will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Cancelled/rescheduled tickets can also be exchanged now for these added concert dates by using our online exchange form or by contacting Ticket Services at 612.371.5656 (800.292.4141).
Additional Rescheduled Performances
(click on the original concert date below for details on rescheduled performance)
- Celtic Woman DEC 7 (rescheduled date TBA)
- Chris Botti Christmas DEC 14 (rescheduled to DEC 13, 2013)
- A Scandinavian Christmas DEC 20 | DEC 22 (both dates rescheduled to DEC 14, 2013)
- Jingle Bell Doc DEC 21 (rescheduled to DEC 20, 2013) | DEC 23 (rescheduled to DEC 22, 2013)
- That's Amore! JAN 18 (rescheduled to FEB 7, 2014)
- Just updated: Tiempo Libre JAN 19 (will NOT be rescheduled)
- Bill Cosby FEB 2 2pm (rescheduled to SEP 28, 2013)
- Bill Cosby FEB 2 8pm (rescheduled to SEP 28, 2013)
- Young People's: Ferdinand the Bull FEB 7 | FEB 19 (rescheduled to JAN 28-30, 2014)
- West Side Story FEB 9 (rescheduled to MAR 1, 2014)
- West Side Story FEB 10 (rescheduled to FEB 28, 2014)
- Casablanca FEB 16 (rescheduled to OCT 11, 2013)
- Young People's Concerts: Supersonic Sounds MAR 7 (rescheduled to FEB 26, 2014)
- Young People's Concerts: Supersonic Sounds MAR 8 (rescheduled to FEB 27, 2014)
- Common Chords: Bemidji APR 1-6 (rescheduled to week of September 15, 2014)
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band APR 5 (rescheduled to SEP 27, 2013)
- Young People's Concerts: Appalachian Spring APR 17 (rescheduled to APR 23, 2014)
- Young People's Concerts: Appalachian Spring APR 18 (rescheduled to APR 22, 2014)
- Young People's Concerts: Appalachian Spring MAY 9 (rescheduled to APR 28, 2014)
- Bobby McFerrin APR 27 (rescheduled to APR 19, 2014)
Performances with a New Presenter and/or Venue
The following performances are no longer being presented by the Minnesota Orchestral Association but will still occur in Minneapolis. Note venue and date changes.
- The Tenors JUN 14 (JUN 14, 2013 at The State Theater)
Patrons with tickets to a cancelled performance(s) do not need to take any immediate action. The value of cancelled performance tickets will automatically be banked in your account. If you hold tickets to a rescheduled performance, you will be notified by Ticket Services with further details about the newly scheduled date, including ticket exchange and refund details.
Ticket refunds or exchanges for a Minnesota Orchestra gift card are also available now upon request by contacting Ticket Services at 612.371.5656 (800.292.4141).
Alternatively, cancelled/rescheduled tickets can also be exchanged now for any available future concert date by using our online exchange form or by contacting Ticket Services at 612.371.5656 (800.292.4141).
Performances with a New Presenter
Ticket procedures for performances now offered by another presenter may vary. Ticket holders will be contacted with specific instructions regarding possible date, time and venue changes as well as specific ticket procedures.
Subscribers may roll over their unused tickets and apply the full value of these tickets to their 2013-14 season renewal. No further action is needed. The value of your unused tickets will automatically be applied as a credit on your 2013-14 renewal form.
Any performance changes will be noted here and on the event calendar performance detail page. We will inform all ticketed patrons affected by concert cancellations via phone, e-mail, and postal mail as soon as possible. Performance changes will also be communicated publically via Facebook, Twitter and the local media. For best service, please make sure the Minnesota Orchestra has a current address, phone number and e-mail for you on file.
We remain committed to working toward a resolution that ensures concerts for many years to come. For further questions on our contract talks, please visit minnesotaorchestra.org/contract.