About the Orchestra's Artistic Vision for the Future
How will it be possible to maintain artistic greatness in the face of financial problems?
The Minnesota Orchestra is fortunate to have as part of our organization Music Director Osmo Vänskä and President and CEO Michael Henson, two top leaders in the orchestral world. The artistic path forward, outlined in the Orchestra’s strategic plan, is exciting, doable and necessary for the Orchestra’s future. The path includes:
- The expansion of Orchestra Hall—a bold statement about the direction of the organization for the next 50 years.
- Plans for artistic residencies and European tours in 2014 and 2015
- Plans for major recording projects in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Plans for a variety of community outreach initiatives like Common Chords and Fantasy Camp
- Plans for innovative concert experiences, like Symphony in 60